Chicago City Director
Chicago City Director
Your job is to run and be the face of The Nudge in Chicago, crafting and sending Nudge texts to thousands of Chicago millennials. You’ll report to our CMO.
Who we are
We believe happiness mainly comes from spending time with loved ones, exploring the world, and exploring ourselves. In a big city like Chicago, these things require a ton of initiative and planning. That is, unless we have a great planner friend.
The Nudge is a planner friend in your pocket. An SMS-based lifestyle advisor that proactively nudges us to do the things we lack the initiative for, like sunrise hikes, creative dates and new workouts.
We’re a viral sensation in San Francisco, with 1/4 of female millennials as active members. We’re launching in Chicago soon and looking for a fearless leader to run The Nudge there and be the planner friend to thousands of Chicago's most adventurous millennials.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Directing the content calendar: You’ll propose Nudge texts that are tailored to Chicago's point of view, and that nudge our Chicago members in fresh and compelling ways.
- Crafting texts: Based on the content calendar, you’ll write weekly Nudge texts that will be sent to thousands of Chicago Nudgers.
- Collaborating with ambassadors and experts: You’ll manage a team of local ambassadors and experts who write itinerary-like plans that will be used as part of the Nudge texts. You’ll also regularly write your own plans.
- Building local partnerships: You’ll proactively identify and engage with Chicago's network of local businesses and orgs to bring fresh, unique value to several of your Nudge texts.
- Leading the community of Nudgers: You’ll be the face of The Nudge in Chicago and regularly communicate with Nudgers via email and at events.
- Long-term: You’ll develop the experience to potentially step into a national marketing or content role for The Nudge.
Who you are
- Belief in our mission to help people be their best selves in a world where technology empowers us to be lazy
- Lived 5+ years in Chicago and currently in Chicago
- An uncanny intuition about the point of view of Chicago millennials
- An extremely talented and persuasive writer
- A natural planner friend
- Exceptional people skills
- Bonus: Experience pitching, convincing, and working with great partner companies, from local businesses to brands
- Bonus: Experience working remotely or in a flexible environment
Benefits and perks
- Joining the small founding team of an audacious, mission-driven, venture-backed young company
- Competitive salary
- Company ownership
- Unlimited vacay
- Desk in an Chicago coworking space
Nudge HQ and our Nudgers are a diverse family. We encourage applications regardless of color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, marital status, disability, and veteran status.