Head of Brand
San Francisco, CA
Head of Brand
San Francisco, CA
Your job is to make The Nudge’s brand a national phenomenon, directing our national branding and marketing efforts. You’ll report to our CEO.
Who we are
We believe happiness mainly comes from spending time with loved ones, exploring the world, and understanding ourselves. These things require a ton of initiative and planning. That is, unless we have a great planner friend.
So we built a “planner friend in your pocket,” an SMS-based lifestyle advisor that proactively nudges us to do the things we lack the initiative for, like sunrise hikes, creative dates and new workouts. We’re a viral sensation in San Francisco, with 1/4 of female millennials as active members.
This is the beginning of our vision for SMS-based tools that circumvent the internet to help us be better versions of ourselves. Tools that respect our time, dignity, and personal information. If that sounds like a shot at Facebook that’s because it is.
Sound rebellious? Good. Rebels change the world, and this spirit runs through the halls of our San Francisco office. If this spirit is in you too, we can’t wait to meet you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Brand identity: Refine our brand identity and brand themes that will be brought to life across digital channels, our text relationship with thousands of millennials, and IRL tactics
- Brand strategy: Conceptualize and execute brand-related initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Social media: You’ll own our social media strategy, building a content philosophy and process for Instagram
- National Nudge texts: You’ll own our content calendar of national cross-city Nudge texts. What’s our Valentine’s Day Nudge? What’s our Pride Nudge? How do we use our text-based relationship with thousands of American millennials to positively impact their lifestyles and grow our brand?
- PR: You’ll be a liaison with a PR agency, ensuring that noteworthy Nudge texts and launches generate press
Who you are
- Belief in our mission to help people be their best selves in a world where technology empowers us to be lazy
- 3-10+ years of creative or brand marketing experience
- A fresh, opinionated perspective on not just what makes a good brand, but how you build that from the ground-up using modern communication channels
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty and execute on your vision
- Bonus: A talented and persuasive writer
- Bonus: Experience pitching and working with great partner companies
- Bonus: Experience working in or with a PR agency
- Bonus: Experience building a brand from the ground-up
Benefits and perks
- Joining the small founding team of an audacious, mission-driven, venture-backed young company
- Competitive salary
- Company ownership
- Unlimited vacay
- Daily coffee freshly brewed by our CEO
Nudge HQ and our Nudgers are a diverse family. We encourage applications regardless of color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, marital status, disability, and veteran status.