Head of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Head of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Your job is to make The Nudge’s brand a national phenomenon by planning and executing our national marketing strategy. You’ll report to our CEO.
Who we are
We believe happiness mainly comes from spending time with loved ones, exploring the world, and understanding ourselves. These things require a ton of initiative and planning. That is, unless we have a great planner friend.
So we built a “planner friend in your pocket,” an SMS-based lifestyle advisor that proactively nudges us to do the things we lack the initiative for, like sunrise hikes, creative dates and new workouts. We’re a viral sensation in San Francisco, 1/3 of female millennials as active members. More recently, we’ve launched in Seattle, Austin, and NYC and are quickly growing.
This is the beginning of our vision for digital planner friends that help us be better versions of ourselves. Digital tools that (unlike many of our peers) respect our time, dignity, and personal information.
Sound rebellious? Good. Rebels change the world, and this spirit runs through the halls of our San Francisco office. If this spirit is in you too, we can’t wait to meet you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- National marketing strategy: You’ll own our national marketing calendar, including cross-city Nudge texts: What’s our Valentine’s Day Nudge? What’s our Pride Nudge? What’s our “support local bookstores” Nudge? How do we use our text-based relationship with tens of thousands of national Nudgers to positively impact their lifestyles and tell our brand story on a national scale? How do we creatively and successfully launch our new cities and national programs?
- Instagram: You’ll develop our Instagram content strategy and execution.
- PR: You’ll run our PR strategy and execution in collaboration with a PR agency or internal PR expert.
- Partnerships: You’ll run our national partnership strategy and execution in collaboration with our team.
- Brand identity refinement: You’ll help our team refine the stories we want to tell across our 4 primary communication channels: Instagram, partnerships, PR and our text relationship with tens of thousands of US millennials.
Who you are
- Belief in our mission to help people be their best selves in a world where technology mainly empowers us to be lazy
- Ready to join a small startup with an incredible product, oversized ambition, and plans to build and enduring company that we can tell our grandkids about one day
- Ready for an opportunity to take on tons of responsibility, do great work, and work your 🍑off with an amazing team
- 3-5+ years of marketing or brand experience
- A fresh, opinionated perspective on not just what makes a good brand, but how you build that using modern communication channels
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty and execute on your vision
- Bonus: A talented and persuasive writer
- Bonus: Experience pitching and working with partners
- Bonus: Experience working in or with a PR agency
- Bonus: Experience running an Instagram account
Benefits and perks
- Joining the small founding team of an audacious, mission-driven, venture-backed young company
- Competitive salary
- Company ownership
- Unlimited vacay
- Daily coffee freshly brewed by our CEO
Nudge HQ and our Nudgers are a diverse family. We encourage applications regardless of color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, marital status, disability, and veteran status.