NYC City Director
New York City, NY
NYC City Director
New York City, NY
Your job is to run and be the face of The Nudge in NYC, crafting and sending Nudge texts to thousands of NYC millennials. You’ll report to our CMO.
Who we are
We believe happiness mainly comes from spending time with loved ones, exploring the world, and understanding ourselves. These things require a ton of initiative and planning. That is, unless we have a great planner friend.
So we built a “planner friend in your pocket,” an SMS-based lifestyle advisor that proactively nudges us to do the things we lack the initiative for, like sunrise hikes, creative dates and new workouts. We’re a viral sensation in San Francisco, with over 1/4 of female millennials as active members.
This is the beginning of our vision for digital planner friends that help us be better versions of ourselves. Digital tools that (unlike many of our peers) respect our time, dignity, and personal information.
Sound rebellious? Good. Rebels change the world, and this spirit runs through the halls of our San Francisco office. If this spirit is in you too, we can’t wait to meet you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Directing the content calendar: You’ll propose Nudge texts that are tailored to NYC's point of view, and that nudge our NYC members in fresh and compelling ways.
- Crafting texts: Based on the content calendar, you’ll write weekly Nudge texts that will be sent to thousands of NYC Nudgers.
- Collaborating with ambassadors and experts: You’ll manage a team of local ambassadors and experts who write itinerary-like plans that will be used as part of the Nudge texts. You’ll also regularly write your own plans.
- Building local partnerships: You’ll proactively identify and engage with NYC's network of local businesses and orgs to bring fresh, unique value to several of your Nudge texts.
- Leading the community of Nudgers: You’ll be the face of The Nudge in NYC and regularly communicate with Nudgers via email and at events.
- Contributing to broader company initiatives: You’ll spend part of your time on national work for The Nudge, depending on your expertise and interests (e.g., social media, partnerships, PR).
- Long-term: You’ll develop the experience to potentially step into a national marketing or content role for The Nudge.
Who you are
- Belief in our mission to help people be their best selves in a world where technology mainly empowers us to be lazy
- Ready to join a small startup with an incredible product, oversized ambition, and plans to build and enduring company that we can tell our grandkids about one day
- Ready for an opportunity to take on tons of responsibility, do great work, and work your 🍑off with an amazing team
- Lived 5+ years in NYC and currently in NYC
- An uncanny intuition about the point of view of NYC millennials
- An extremely talented and persuasive writer
- A natural planner friend
- Exceptional people skills
- Bonus: Experience pitching, convincing, and working with great partner companies, from local businesses to brands
- Bonus: Experience working remotely or in a flexible environment
Benefits and perks
- Joining the small founding team of an audacious, mission-driven, venture-backed young company
- Competitive salary
- Company ownership
- Unlimited vacay
- Desk in an NYC coworking space
Nudge HQ and our Nudgers are a diverse family. We encourage applications regardless of color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, marital status, disability, and veteran status.